Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day Seven: August 28th, 2011

Today we had breakfast at the hostel across the street from our hotel. I choose the typical Guatemalan breakfast and it was delicious! I also had some yummy te de durazno or peach tea. After our breakfast, we headed to the Spanish school where we met our host families.

My host family is a middle aged Guatemalan couple who live right across the street from the Spanish school that I will be taking classes at. I´m very excited about the location of their house. My room in the house is a large room with a big wood closet and queen sized bed. The entire house is rather simple, as is typical in Guatemala, but adequate in all the necessary aspects. I foresee it being a very calm and relaxing place to spend time reading books or doing my homework.

I spent the day unpacking my things and getting settled. I had lunch with my host mom and then went to my room to read my book. I´m currently reading Brida  which is a book by the Brazilian author, Paulo Coelho. I´m a little more than half way through the Spanish version of the novel. So far, it has sustained my interest. Basically, today was a pretty chill day. Tomorrow, we start our one-on-one Spanish classes!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Caitlyn!! Your trip sounds awesome. Stay safe and keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete